Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vsmon.exe munching up my processor

• Please log in to reply

bonzo

bonzo

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yesturday I reformatted my computer so my system is fresh. My previous os was Win 2000 and I now have XP pro. A week ago my Norton AntiVirus expired and so Idecided to install Zone Alarm. My computer started acting extremely slow, browsing wep pages became a chore even opening windows was painstakingly slow. I did virus/spyware scans and fixed all the problems.

I then checked with task manager and noticed vsmon.exe was using between 50-80% of my processor (Athlon 2100). I googled it and found it was connected to Zone Alarm and that a lot of other 2000 users were experiencing these problems. After installing XP I thought everything should be sweet but no. Does anyone have any suggestions/tweeks as to what I should do. Ill really appreciate any help. :tazz:

Advertisements

bonzo

bonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I changed firewalls to ANG and this seems to have solved the problem