Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloading SP2 Froze My PC! Help!

• Please log in to reply

BriDawgz

BriDawgz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
After my buddy sucessfully upgraded the hard drive on his system a few weeks ago , he installed his old hard drive (20G) in my computer, which replaced my hard drives (2@4G Each). Then he installed Windows XP, and I downloade MS updates including SP2. I use dail up witch took several hours, and just when it was almost done with SP2 the screen went blue.

I restarted it as per the info on the blue screen, then it went black with this message: "Drive Not Ready: System Halted". I have Intel celeron 700 I believe. Upon restart it goes through start up the to the black screen with the above statement. I tried to plug in my old hard drives but it says the exact same thing.

Any Sugestions?

Regards,
Bridawgz

Edited by Kat, 21 October 2005 - 11:21 PM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello and Welcome to Geeks To Go

First do not post you e-mail, we reply here.

First to try to fix your computer could you please try to do a Repair Install of XP.
When you had the Blue Screen of Death did you notice a STOP code? If so do you remember it? And can you post it here?