Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Littel tech help, please

• Please log in to reply

oops28

oops28

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Is there a way to add a Jpeg to your boot or shutdown screens, and how would I go about changing a .wav file on my boot and shutdown screen. Getting tired of the windows theme...... If it can be done, please tell me how. Thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi oops28!

The music that is played when Windows loads and shuts down can be changed by doing the following:
  • Go to START-->CONTROL PANEL
  • Double-click on SOUND & AUDIO DEVICES
  • Click on the SOUNDS tab.
  • Scroll through the list of items in the list box below the heading PROGRAM EVENTS until you come to the entry entitled START WINDOWS
  • Click the browse button and choose the wav file you want to have played when Windows boots up.
  • You can change the wav file the same way for the entry entitled EXIT WINDOWS.
  • When you are done changing the sounds you want to change, click APPLY and OK
Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 22 October 2005 - 07:45 AM.

stallionsims

stallionsims

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hi,
I have a solution for this.

Is there a way to add a Jpeg to your boot or shutdown screens, and how would I go about changing a .wav file on my boot and shutdown screen. Getting tired of the windows theme...... If it can be done, please tell me how. Thanks

open control panel.in the control panel open sound and Audio devices
click sounds in this window.
under program scheme,you will have start windows option.
click on it.at the bottom,you can change by clicking browse and select the .wav file you want to keep.
I used it for keeping my favorite whacky tunes.
:tazz:
post if it worked.

oops28

oops28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thanks, got the wav, but is there a way to add a pic to your boot up screen or shutdown screen?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

thanks, got the wav, but is there a way to add a pic to your boot up screen or shutdown screen?

It's not easy to do and can cause compatibility problems because you won't be able to properly apply windows updates/hotfixes, but you can check out this link if you want to at least learn how it's possible even if you don't actually try it.

Fenor