Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open Help or Troubleshoot

• Please log in to reply

kimerskine

kimerskine

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I think I have moved or deleteled the drivers for my CD and DVD-Rom drives. :tazz:

I see them on the Computer but it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

Troubleshooter doesn't work I get the message that window can't open help and support. Asks me to start the service called help and support... where is that?

When I click on help from start menu it gives me the same message...

Help!!! :)

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Go to the Start Menu, click Run, and type services.msc. From there, find the Help and Support service, and start the service (right-click and if it isn't started, you should be able to click Start). Then, make sure the startup type is Automatic.

kimerskine

kimerskine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Yeah :tazz: got that back but now when I try to trouble shoot for the drives I get the window to open and this message:
Cannot display the page
The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed. This may be because:
If you are trying to view this content over the network, there may be network congestion or a problem with your connection.
There might be an error in the page's address.
The page might not be available.
Please check your network connection or try another page.

I have tried other pages and get the same message.. Any suggestions here?

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
OK. Try the instructions listed here. Please follow them exactly and make sure to press Enter after each line, and ignore the batch file part if you don't know what a batch file is.

Edit: I forgot to say what the instructions do. It reinstalls XP' Help and Support Center.

Edited by Pi rules, 22 October 2005 - 01:22 PM.

kimerskine

kimerskine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work either... still get the same message about the connection...