Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network card

• Please log in to reply

dubsqueen

dubsqueen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm about to pull all my hair out.....I have a Thinkpad T21. After a crash I reinstalled windows 2000. For some reason, it will not recognize the Network connection. I see files for Ethernet out there...and I have updated files from the IBM Thinkpad website. It just keeps telling me that There is no network card recognized. I'm lost and dont' even know if I'm describing my problem right. I thought maybe it had a problem with the Ethernet itself..so my mom gave me A pocket Ethernet adapter. when I plug the cable modem into that the light turns green on the adapter and the modem shows pc activity..however when i try to access the internet it tells me that the server can't be found. PLEASE HELP!!!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi dubsqueen...Welcome to G2G!

I'm not real familiar with Win2000, but here's something to try anyway.

Go to Control Panel and open Internet Options. Under the "Connections" tab, make sure that the "Automatically detect network settings" check box is ticked. Apply the settings if any were made, and reboot.

wannabe1

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Sometimes you just have to go to the card maker's website, download the drivers to a floppy using another computer and run them on the machine that needs them. They come in a variety of forms so I can't tell you how to install them.