Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Haunted PC [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

superflygirl

superflygirl

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Just when I thought I've encountered it all I find my com to be behaving almost as if it's haunted ! How so ?? well the calculator comming up on it's own doing random calculations...my cd burner starting and stopping over and over till I snap and turn the com off....extra browser windows opening that are modified from what the window should appear like....paint shop opening on it's own and asking me to save changes I've made....yeah I could go on and on. I'm going to nickname this virus The Haunted PC !!! Here's my hijack this log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:06:10 PM, on 22/10/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\javaaf.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALIANT~1\HIGH-S~1\app\pppoeservice.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrbmgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\LXBRKsk.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MediaKey\MMKeybd.EXE
C:\WINNT\msnp32.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\soulier\LOCALS~1\Temp\27.tmp.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrcmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wuauclt.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALIANT~1\HIGH-S~1\app\EnterNet.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McDash.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\shared\mghtml.exe
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\SOULIER\DESKTOP\HijackThis-1.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINNT\system32\xcpze.dll/sp.html#55135
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINNT\system32\xcpze.dll/sp.html#55135
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINNT\system32\xcpze.dll/sp.html#55135
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINNT\system32\xcpze.dll/sp.html#55135
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\01.01.2607.0\msgr.en-us.en-ca\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark 3100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LXBRKsk] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\LXBRKsk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MediaKey] C:\PROGRA~1\MediaKey\MMKeybd.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnp32.exe] C:\WINNT\msnp32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [27.tmp] C:\DOCUME~1\soulier\LOCALS~1\Temp\27.tmp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [27.tmp.exe] C:\DOCUME~1\soulier\LOCALS~1\Temp\27.tmp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Begone] c:\freescan\freescan.exe -FastScan
O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsear...html?p=ZNfox000
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O23 - Service: Network Security Service (NSS) ( 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\javaaf.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: PPPoE Service (PPPoEService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\ALIANT~1\HIGH-S~1\app\pppoeservice.exe

Pretty sure that "27" stuff is the pain in the but that has my com acting like something from beyond the grave...there's alot here that I can see that I should remove (hats off to my geekU training :tazz: ) but as always I'm looking for the go ahead from others before I send my comp into the grave with the ghosts that are already living in it !!

Lemme know what you think guys...and I've got a few IPs that I've trapped in my firewall trying a few different ports on my com (which I get my McAfee popup about spyware activity) but I don't have a static IP so I manage to ellude them while I try to find where/who they are. Any super duper ways of tracing these IPs other than that in ARIN WHOIS ? they're at ports like 4587, 22080 and 18558 (which means nothing to me)....and events are showing up in my firewall report like scans for Bla trojan, DCE enpoint resolution, Binary trojan maker, goldleaf license manager, rds, LBC dontrol, Net cheque acct etc etc..... really.... what the ?????

Advertisements

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
now it's making DOS prompt pop up :tazz:

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
Hello superflygirl and welcome to Geeks to Go! My name is Steamhead and I will be helping you out! I am currently reviewing your log. Thanks for your patience!

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
Hello superflygirl and welcome back. Please do not remove anything in HJT without prior approval. Thanks! :tazz: Let's get started! You may want to print this out.

You have a CoolWebSearch infection. First we will need to download a few tools that will help us in the removal of your problem.

Download about:buster by RubbeRDuckY Here.
Download CWShredder Here.
Download and install CleanUp! Here

Save all of these files somewhere you will remember like to the Desktop.

Update About:Buster
  • Unzip the contents of AboutBuster.zip and an AboutBuster directory will be created.
  • Navigate to the AboutBuster directory and double-click on AboutBuster.exe.
  • Click "OK" at the prompt with instructions.
  • Click "Update" and then "Check For Update" to begin the update process.
  • If any updates exist please download them by clicking "Download Update" then click the X to close that window.
  • Now close About:Buster
Update CWShredder
  • Open CWShredder and click I AGREE
  • Click Check For Update
  • Close CWShredder
Boot into Safe Mode:
Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

Please run about:buster by RubbeRDuckY:
  • Click Start and then OK to allow AboutBuster to scan for Alternate Data Streams.
  • Click Yes to allow it to shutdown explorer.exe.
  • It will begin to check your computer for malicious files. If it asks if you would like to do a second pass, allow it to do so.
  • When it has finished, click Save Log. Make sure you save it as I may need a copy of it later.
  • Reboot your computer into safe mode again
Run about:buster again following the same instructions as above, this time without the restart at the end

Now run CWShredder. Click I Agree, then Fix and then Next, let it fix everything it asks about.

Now run CleanUp!Reboot your computer into normal windows.

Please run an on-line virus scan at Kaspersky OnLine Scan or if that doesnt work, you can use TrendMicro or BitDefender. (Please post the results of the scan(s) in your next reply)

After all that, please post back with how things went as well as the logs requested and a new HiJackThis log.

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
well....guess I'll start with the logs and reports you wanted to see....

Scan saved at 10:11:54 PM, on 26/10/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdui.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Desktop\HijackThis-1.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blank
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\01.01.2607.0\msgr.en-us.en-ca\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark 3100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O23 - Service: Network Security Service ( 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\javaaf.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: PPPoE Service (PPPoEService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\ALIANT~1\HIGH-S~1\app\pppoeservice.exe

notice 27.tmp is still there !

now this is a scan that you didn't tell me to do...but the other scans I had to use IE and I avoid using that when at all necessary...might suggest ewido security suite for those that use things such as FireFox (requires windows 2000 and XP) :tazz:

ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 5:36:25 PM, 26/10/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 405461F4

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{53741D3E-19CE-5959-0908-3BB13C3C3990} -> Spyware.CoolWebSearch : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{A2872B10-39F2-42DF-9335-7DD38CF75255} -> Spyware.AproposMedia : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{A2872B10-39F2-42DF-9335-7DD38CF75255}\ProxyStubClsid32\\ -> Spyware.AproposMedia : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{C285D18D-43A2-4AEF-83FB-BF280E660A97} -> Spyware.SaveNow : Cleaned with backup
[1452] C:\WINNT\system32\javaaf.exe -> Trojan.Agent.bi : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Desktop\backups\backup-20041106-165532-965.dll -> Spyware.MyWebSearch : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Desktop\SmileyCentralFFSetup2.0.4.0.exe -> Spyware.MyWebSearch : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Clickzs : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Clickzs : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Clickzs : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IXHM3YHG\mm[2].js -> Spyware.Chitika : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\My Documents\My Received Files\Hijack This\backup-20040808-190328-323.dll -> Not-A-Virus.RiskWare.Downloader.PopCap.a : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\FileSubmit\beforestormmh.zip\NNEZTA388.exe -> Spyware.NewDotNet : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\FileSubmit\beforestormmh.zip\TBEZA127Q.exe -> Spyware.Quick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\FileSubmit\Toronto Maple Leafs\NNEZTA388.exe -> Spyware.NewDotNet : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\FileSubmit\Toronto Maple Leafs\TBEZA127Q.exe -> Spyware.Quick : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\appur32.exe -> Trojan.Agent.bi : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\atljx.exe -> Trojan.Agent.bi : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\EDLEHNNP.ini:oscjp -> TrojanDownloader.Agent.td : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\msnp32.exe -> TrojanDownloader.Agent.td : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\NDNuninstall6_10.exe -> Spyware.NewDotNet : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\NDNuninstall6_22.exe -> Spyware.NewDotNet : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\pool2000.ini:fbbxmp -> Trojan.Agent.bi : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt:hzorr -> TrojanDownloader.Agent.td : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\system32:qeaa.dll -> TrojanDownloader.Small : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\system32\javaaf.exe -> Trojan.Agent.bi : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\system32\javage32.exe -> Trojan.Agent.bi : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\_MSRSTRT.EXE:cuzqlu -> Trojan.Agent.bi : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINNT\_MSRSTRT.EXE:vurdof -> TrojanDownloader.Agent.td : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

I'd like to add here that there was a virus containing Toronto Maple Leafs...I TOLD everyone they were bad news !!!! :woot:

the AboutBuster took a bit of tinkering with as it downloaded as a pic file and I had to extract them and run it in a different way (clickA:B in file then after updating click Begin removal)

CWShredder there was nothing to agree to...only options once clicking it were "scan only, check for updates, create report, and fix". This came up with CWS.Aff.ToolBand.

2 other things I did that weren't mentioned that might be of help to anyone else with this problem :

1. Go to Start, Run, type in %temp% click OK.
Click Edit, Select All, click File, Delete, now click Yes to send items to Recycle Bin.
Empty Recycle Bin
2. This infection may delete the Windows Shell.dll file and the control.exe file. Make sure you always perform a Windows search for these files after the cleanup. If you are using Windows 2000, or XP, go to STart, Search, For Files or Folders, and type in shell.dll.

For Windows 2000, it will be found here:
C:\WINNT\System32
C:\WINNT\SYstem

For Windows XP, it will be found here:
C:\Windows\System32
C:\Windows\System

Now look for the control.exe file.
Windows 2000 it will be found here:
C:\WINNT\System32
For Windows XP it will be found here:
C:\Windows\System32

So that in a nutshell is what I've managed to do/find on this pain in the behind virus and I've still got that 27.tmp there so I know there must be something else I have to do. At times 27.exe (or something to that effect) will be running in the processes...I'm unable to do anything when that happens and I have to go to Task Manager and end the task in order for things to work again .

Lemme know what your thoughts are guys :)

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
Steamhead Cant reply at the moment so I am posting.

1. Make sure your PC is set to show all hidden files and folders go here for instructions on how to do this. http://www.xtra.co.n...1916458,00.html

2. Boot into safemode to do this keep tapping F8 on your keyboard while your PC is starting up you will get a menu select safemode.

3. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove and uninstall the following.

Spyware Begone

4. While still in safemode open Hijackthis and click scan. Then tick and fix the following in Hijackthis with all windows closed except Hijackthis.

O23 - Service: Network Security Service ( 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\javaaf.exe (file missing)

5. Delete the folders. (if present)

c:\freescan\

6. Delete the files. (if present)

C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Local Settings\Temp\27.tmp.exe

7. Reboot and post a new Hijackthis log here in a reply.

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
here's the latest scan :

Scan saved at 7:53:18 PM, on 28/10/2005

Running processes:
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdui.exe

O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe

the O23 - Service: Network Security Service ( 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\javaaf.exe (file missing) came back but the 27's seem to be gone. I didn't find a SpywareBegone file/folder anywhere or the c:\freescan\ or C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Local Settings\Temp\27.tmp.exe . Though when I was in safe mode I took a lil poke around to see if anything seemed a bit out of place....there were a few things that stood out that I'm not sure are legit (could just be my blonde side comming through though :tazz: )
Under WINNT/Temp there something called KillAgent (red box with a white flame)
Under Temp\xtras there were files like DTAvalanche, DTBricks,DTZipper etc....
Under WINNT there was ShellNew with file Binder,Excel9 and WINWORD8 in it

like I said...could just be paranoya :)

uh oh...my McAfee firewall has turned black and a scan is running that has so far found 3 files with Swizzor.gen infection in them ! 2 in a backups file on my desktop (wherever in blue blazes that came from) and in Application Data\cast trust\size surf.exe....

lemme know what you think Rock

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
Go to start, run type "services.msc" with out the quotes find the service.

Network Security Service

Right click and stop it, make the start up type to disabled. When you have done that go into Hijackthis > open the misc tools section > delete an NT service and delete 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I. Then post a new Hijackthis log here in a reply.

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Network Security Service was already stopped and when I entered 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I in the delete an NT Service tab it said "Service not found in registry, make sure you entered the short name of the service., vbExclamation. :tazz:

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
Post a new Hijackthis log here in a reply.

Advertisements

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
here ya go

Scan saved at 8:41:54 AM, on 29/10/2005

Running processes:
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CleanUp] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Shared\mcappins.exe /v=3 /cleanup

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
1. Download http://osc.geekstogo...rviceremove.reg run it it will ask to merge into the registery say yes.

2. Then post a new Hijackthis log here in a reply.

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
when I click that link it only opens a registry list in another firefox window :tazz:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\frame.crazywinnings.com]

[-HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1454471165-764733703-839522115-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\frame.crazywinnings.com]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\static.topconverting.com]

[-HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1454471165-764733703-839522115-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\static.topconverting.com]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_O?*001E*2019*017DRT*00F1*00E5*00C8*00B2$*000E*00D3]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_O?*001E*2019*017DRT*00F1*00E5*00C8*00B2$*000E*00D3\0000]

etc etc...... no options there to merge anything. I did run a cwsresfix a few days ago before most of these hijackthis logs and that did something with the registry I'm sure...not sure exactly what :)

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
Download it in Internet explorer to the desktop then run it will ask to merge into the registery say yes.

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
okey done that (hate using IE though) .... dang thing is still there, here's the scan

Scan saved at 3:58:31 PM, on 29/10/2005

Running processes:
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CleanUp] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Shared\mcappins.exe /v=3 /cleanup