Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

media player problems

• Please log in to reply

deano3433

deano3433

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello again.
I have another annoying problem with my media player.
I have placed all my music on windows media player on an external hard drive. It works fine when i go to play music but constantly throughout tracks i get a mini screen appearing that says:
AUTOPLAY.
It appears to be doing some sort of scan and runs through a number of processes. I have noticed the word VISUALIZATIONS come up and a bunch of other stuff (like unknown album) but most of it is so fast i cant get to read it. It lasts about 2 or 3 seconds and then drops off the screen making the annoying beeping noise. (same as for example when i plug my external power source in or unplug it)
Ocassionally it will just change the tracks by itself at a time that suits it.

It often then throws up the screen that comes up when i first plug my external hard drive in which says it is the F drive (external hard drive). and gives me the option to play music, copy pictures, print pictures, open a folder or take no action. (I dont believe this screen is the problem, more likely the former process of scanning or whatever it is doing).

Can anyone tell me how to stop it from doing this please. I am sure its something simple.
Thankyou, regards Deano

Ps i have a fairly new computer running windows xp. Have tried turning off Norton Auto protect but that didnt solve the problem. Have a firewall as well but doubt that is the problem. Thanks in anticipation.

Advertisements