Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

About Adware,Spybot,Ewido,Panda,and OTHERS!

• Please log in to reply

SlowComp

SlowComp

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
i mean.. i use some of them... and then i scan my computer and they find viruses or other spyware...
i tell it to remove the malicious program... yet, when i restart my computer, its still there.

so im wondering.... do they really work?... or is that some viruses are just very hard to get rid of.?

ALso cuz, i did a scan on my sisters computer, with AdwareSe, Spybot, Panda.. and others... and it said that spyware, trojan horses, and viruses were removed from the computer, but when i restarted the computer, ALL of the spyware, trojan horses, and viruses were STILL THERE!!!

I got some help In here, to remove the Vundo virus, along w/ the Winfixer Pop ups, and they helped me fix it, and i no longer get any pop ups or anything else... but, like i said , when i used all those programs, it didnt help at all?

So basically, this makes me aknowledge how Hijackthis, along w/ some expert's help, is the best way to get rid of viruses, and spyware that are ruining your computer!.

well, thnx for reading this.. and i wanna say special tnx to all G2G staff, and everyone that is involved in helping us.

SO TNX!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
*When you are clean you use
AdwareSe, Spybot, Panda.. and others... to prevent for future infections

So keep them up to date and you'll see that they work very good.

*When you are not clean

So basically, this makes me aknowledge how Hijackthis, along w/ some expert's help, is the best way to get rid of viruses, and spyware that are ruining your computer!.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

*When you are clean you use
AdwareSe, Spybot, Panda.. and others... to prevent for future infections

This is half right kind of,
Ad-aware and spybot are good for removing certain infections, The reason we recommend using both of those is the compliment each other very nicely some infections that Ad-aware will find and Remove Spybot wont and vise verse,
Both of these programs will identify some infections but not have the ability to remove them
The idea behind running a online virus scan is to look for any current viral on your system and remove them if not they identify them for us for removal,

We recommend using all the above on a weekly bases to keep your system clean after your machine has been cleaned in hopes that it stays that way there are other recommendations that a staff member will suggest to help prevent reinfection,
Keep in mind we cant prevent users from going to certain web sites clicking on pop ups so fourth so they could be right back here again looking to have their system clean, Does that mean that we didn't do a good job of cleaning and hopefully helping the user to prevent reinfection ?
I don't think so.

HJT is a very valuable tool to us it identifies a lot of viral, worms. Trojans and redirects, adware spyware, but keep in mind there are some infections that HJT cant identify for us which require the use of even more tools, Also there are some infections that you cannot get rid of simply by using HJT they require special automated tools some of which the creators of these tools are very active on this forum and many others as well,

but, like i said , when i used all those programs, it didn't help at all?

I hope my response above helps to clarify this a bit for you, They do work but there are newer specific infections that will require different tools for removal, But all the tools you mentioned do an excellent job of removing many infections for us prior to dealing with a newer infection
The likes of Ad-aware ,Spy bot and Anti Virus are updating their defs weekly some even sooner but you have to keep in mind the creators of the newer infections what ever they are be it virus, worms, Trojans are coming out daily so we they do lag a bit so you have to take that into consideration as well

SlowComp

SlowComp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
tnx for clarifying this situation guys.
from now on ill be updating all those programs, and doing scans on a weakly basis.

before i never used to update or even bother to scan... since i wasnt infeceted.... now that i was infected, i scaned.. but it was too late.. so its always good to be prepared!.

tnx for your replies guys!

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Glad it made sense for you, I had only had one cup of Joe when I replied :tazz:

Seems like you now know what needs to be done
Good luck and happy surfing :)

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Glad we could help! :tazz:
If you are interested
Join our very own "Geek University". If interested, please click here. help us, join the fight!
:)

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
Joining GeekU is the best way for you to insure a clean computer. Through GeekU, you can learn to keep your computer clean yourself.