Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

totally freaking clueless. please help me!

• Please log in to reply

doofkopf

doofkopf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm trying to connect to pages from other pages, and i keep getting 'page could not be displayed'. it's only pages that would require the transmission of information - so my netbank page with my bank, and i can't connect to databases through my university library (which would require transmission of my user details to log in).

i have no idea what the jargon for this is, i'm sorry, i'm just desperately hoping someone can help me.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. What version of Java are you running? Go to tools, internet options, scroll down until you see Java (Sun). Should be JRE 1.5.0_04. You may need to update java if you don't have this version.