Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ZoneAlarm Security Suite start up problem

• Please log in to reply

my350z8

my350z8

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
My wife and I use the same Dell computer with windows XP and ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:6.0.667.000. When we turn the computer on we get a screen that allows each of us to log on to our specific accounts. My account is the computer admin account, my wife is the limited account. When I log on everything starts up OK. If I close my logged on session and then my wife logs on everything is OK for her.

This is the problem, we turn the computer and get the screen that allows each of us to log on to our specific accounts. When my wife logs on first ZoneAlarm Security Suite may do one of the following.
1. Start and run OK, rarely.
2. Take 5 minutes or longer to start, 40% of the time.
3. Never start and computer freezes, 60% of the time. In this case the only thing I can do is power off the system.

Any suggestions on what to do about this problem are greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
make your wife's acount an admin account. let her login. It sounds like there is something that needs to be updated or added to here profile (zone alarm will take care of this once she is admin). once you have had her log off and on several times to make sure things are ok then reset her id to limited rights and then test again.

if it still occurs then her profile may be corrupted.