Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Browsers would not load pages

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I recently experience the problem of really slow initial startup of browser (Firefox 1.0.7 and IE6) with any webpage. This applies to when I connect using dial-up or broadband (wired or wireless). The computer seems to freeze but there appears to be very little usage of CPU processes or memory. I checked for spyware/virus using AVG/MSantispyware/EWIDO - nada. I pinged ISP -OK. I recently installed Eraser 5.7 (no spware detected) and the problems intensified. The browsers refused to load eventually had to uninstall browsers didn't work till I reset winsock (cmd - netsh winsock reset) etc. Can anyone suggest how or indeed why my browsers may be speeded up. I realise stupidity of question.
javascript:emoticon(':tazz:', 'smid_12')