Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsers would not load pages

• Please log in to reply

themick171

themick171

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I recently experience the problem of really slow initial startup of browser (Firefox 1.0.7 and IE6) with any webpage. This applies to when I connect using dial-up or broadband (wired or wireless). The computer seems to freeze but there appears to be very little usage of CPU processes or memory. I checked for spyware/virus using AVG/MSantispyware/EWIDO - nada. I pinged ISP -OK. I recently installed Eraser 5.7 (no spware detected) and the problems intensified. The browsers refused to load eventually had to uninstall browsers didn't work till I reset winsock (cmd - netsh winsock reset) etc. Can anyone suggest how or indeed why my browsers may be speeded up. I realise stupidity of question.
javascript:emoticon(':tazz:', 'smid_12')
smilie

Advertisements