Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When trying to download, RIGHT-CLICK , 'SAVE TARGET AS' OPTION

• Please log in to reply

MRPLANK

MRPLANK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I have been having this problem for a while now (used to work) when on the internet, I can not download or save anything, because the usual method i use - RIGHT CLICK.....'SAVE TARGET AS' is not an available option.

UPON RIGHT CLICK The options I have are

OPEN
OPEN IN NEW WINDOW
SAVE TARGET AS
PRINT TARGET
CUT
COPY
COPY SHORTCUT
PASTE
ADD TO FAVOURITES
PROPERTIES

and save target as can't be selected.

(may just be changing a setting, but lets just say im not exactly a pro when it comes to computers) :tazz:

Any advice would be most appreciated :)

Thanks in advance
Lisa

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
What are you trying to save, images, web pages, text or are you trying to download a file such as a program or music? Also what web browser are you useing?

MRPLANK

MRPLANK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your reply

I am using AOL internet explorer 7 ,

When trying to download a file such as : music CDs/samples, also things like mobile ringtones, there is no SAVE TARGET AS option.
(When trying to save pictures it will only allow me to save in ART format, which then either saves pics which are blank / 'NO PREVIEW AVAILABLE' or they dissappear completely)

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
When download some thing like music or programs you should just be able to click the link. Press >This< and a download of HiJack This (the program that makes those logs in the malware forum) should start. Dose that work on your computer?
Posted Image
When I right click that there is the option of "save image as" if that works try and save it as a JPG

If none of that works, could you try installing and reinstalling AOL internet explorer 7.

Dose it work in Internet Explorer?

If none of this works I have got a few other things I can try.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 24 October 2005 - 04:21 AM.