Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dark Monitor

• Please log in to reply

bball_frk233

bball_frk233

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I left today and when i returned my computer monitor was dark. Not really dark, but enough to where it is getting very annoying. I have the color and contrast all the way up and it is still pretty dark. So then i right clicked on the desktop and clicked properties. I then went into settings and the color quality is on Highest (32 bit). The true color, 256 colors, etc are all gone and i don't know why. If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks. By the way, i have an HP Pavillion a1112n with windows XP and i got it about a month and a half ago.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
The best thing to do is try another monitor with your computer or another computer with your monitor, so that you can be sure where the problem is. Otherwise we're just guessing.