Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help

• Please log in to reply

bdh359

bdh359

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Last week we our cablevision installed a new motorola cable modem to enable us to use their telephone, cable and internet services. Days later when I tried to get on the internet from one of my computers, I could not.

I am pretty much illiterate when it comes to networking and the like, but I looked at the event viewer and found the following message:
The IP address lease 0.0.0.0 for the network card with network address xxxxxxxxx has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 {The DHCP server send a DHCPNACK message}

Would this have anything to do with the new modem/cablevision?

I have tried to manually enter the ip address with no luck. By the way, my other computer can connect to the internet fine.

What do I do???

Advertisements

Mandrake_Argus

Mandrake_Argus

• Pip
  • 5 posts
basically the connection is the modem to the VOIP right? are you using a router or a switch? if you are using a switch then there is a problem with the VOIP. if you are using a router, disable the DHCP or the router as use it just as an access point.