Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote Desktop via Windows XP Pro

• Please log in to reply

m.valdez

m.valdez

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi there everyone, Ok I am starting up a small organization, nothing that is profitable but more of a group of friends kind of thing. We are all on laptops running Windows Xp Pro. From what I gather we can remote desktop one another to help one another out with computer issues.

Now this is what I am able to do, When we are all under the same router I can easily make this work, when I say work I mean that I can connect to the other users on the network and control their pc. What I want to accomplish is to be able to do this while they are out at their homes. Since some of us are on different routers and using differnt ISP's I was wondering what they steps are needed in order to make this work.

Is there a step by step guide someone can refernece me to? or would someone be kind enough to maybe write me a little step by step guide. I am pretty decent with computers so if you just give me reference to what needs to be done I could more then likely get this figured out, I just need a little help.

If you would like to email me please ask for my email address.

Thanks,

Matthew

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi m.valdez!

Here are a couple of links you can take a look at:Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 25 October 2005 - 05:46 PM.

m.valdez

m.valdez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks alot, I will look at this.

Matthew