Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UNDI inti....failed

• Please log in to reply

stressed76

stressed76

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
hey guys/gals problem here.......I put a computer together a while ago and today I was going to install a OS on it...but when I turn on the computer everything goes ok, but then I get a screen where it states...

UNDI Intitialize failed, no media detected

Network boot aborted
Press any key to continue

What the...? I'm kinda new at this, but I don't think I wanna be booting from a network....Is there something in the BIOS that I overlooked????? And If has something to do with my NIC can't that be removed for the xp install????

any feedback would be awsome!

Cheers

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
It means there is no OS on the harddisk, or bootable media in the floppy drive or CD/DVD...so. your PC tried to boot from the network (another way to install an OS if you have an RIS server)

You need to insert your windows xp cd in the cd/dvd and reboot -- if your PC does not see it, your cd may be damaged (your boot order should have the network set last, so it should not be that)