Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinFixer 2005

• Please log in to reply

Meany21

Meany21

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so here is what is going on...now I read up on WinFixer2005, once i realized that my other comp was infected by it, and from what I understand it is a form of adware. I have been to many sites and all they said was that I need to download a certain program and run it on the machine to get rid of it. One problem though....when my computer boots up it shows winfixer trying to start up, then it freezes and I cant do anything. I have started it up under Safe Mode but I still get a lot freezing there...

1) Computer Boots Up

2) WinFixer 2005 Activates

3) Frozen(but can still move mouse)

4) Ctrl+Alt+Del

5) Shows no applications running

6) Process's: UWFX5.exe

I beg of you though to please help me, and thankyou to any suggestions

Unless my Safe Mode stops messing up I can not get on the internet and get these programs you guys have suggested to et rid of winfixer 2005

Edited by Meany21, 25 October 2005 - 08:47 PM.

Advertisements