Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! PC is restarting by it's self!

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi daparker, Well it has user name and then the PC's name after that, but yeah that's all it said.

If you can tell me how to do a screen capture, I could snag what I'm looking at and post it for you to see.

Thanks
Wendy

Advertisements

daparker

daparker

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
When the window is open, if you click Alt+PrtScreen, then that will be in your clipboard and you should be able to paste that into MS Paint, then save it as a jpeg and post it in your next response.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi daparker, OK lets see if this does any good. I did one in each catagory in case they might show you something that you need to see.

Man! That last little bugger has all kinds of red "X"'s on it. Do you have any idea why those are there? My AV program hasn't been giving me any kind of warnings or anything, so that has me puzzled, anyway, here they are>> RATS! They didn't stick 2nd try>> DRAT!!! They still didn't stick!

Hey I did the add attachment thing, doubble clicked the pic of one of those things, clicked add attachment, waited patiently for it to add it's self, and "PooF" Nothing!!

What do I do now?
Hang on here I just found the error of my ways here >>

[attachment=4721:attachment][attachment=4722:attachment]

Edited by wendy k. walker, 12 November 2005 - 07:27 PM.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Sorry daparker, everything didn't want to fit on one post so here is the last one>>[attachment=4723:attachment] Let me know if it did any good OK?
Thanks Wendy

daparker

daparker

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Ok, if you choose one of those errors by double-clicking it, it should bring up more information.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi daparker, OK and then do what with that stuff?
Thanks Wendy

daparker

daparker

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
I would like to see that additional information.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi daparker, OK I did three different shots. The one about the CD burner has me wondering cause I have never burned a CD.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Heres the third one.
Thanks Wendy

daparker

daparker

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Ok, click on Start-->Run. Then enter services.msc and click OK. Look for the IMAPI CD Burning COM Service and tell me its startup type.

Advertisements

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi daparker, OK did that, and it says "Manual" So what now?

Thanks Wendy

daparker

daparker

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Hmmm, one of the errors said it was having problems with that service, but you said you haven't burned a CD on that system, right?

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi daparker, I have no idea how to burn a CD, so I have to say "No" I've never burned a CD on here, however, I have copied some pictures to a CD a couple of times. But I don't think that counts as CD burning, does it?

Thanks Wendy

daparker

daparker

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Actually, yes that would count as burning a CD. You may want to try and reinstall the software that came with your sysem for your CD Burner (or with the drive if you bought it separately). You can also try looking for a newer version.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi daparker, Hum? I don't have any setup stuff for this machine, and the CD DVD ROM, and CD R/W thing came preinstalled, so that's out.

So where would I search for a newer version thing at?

Thanks
Wendy