Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shutting down problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi everyone. Sometimes my computer wouldn't let me shut down the machine. I go Start->Turn off Computer click on Turn Off but nothing happened. Neither did the Log Off or Restart command works, anyone know how to fix it? Cheers

Thank You for your honesty about your version of Windows

Geeks To Go are unable to help anyone who does not have genuine software installed

http://www.geekstogo...ndpost&p=426027

Edited by Keith, 28 October 2005 - 07:05 AM.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello.

More info would be appreciated: Does your computer freeze when you try to turn it off? Does it give an error message? Has it worked properly before, or has it always given this problem from time to time? Do you have an anti-virus software, if so what is it? Do you have anti-spyware software, if so what is it? How old is your computer?

I've looked at your profile and seen your specs. I assume you've upgraded to XP from a different Operating System, right?

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
XP SP2
NOD32
Ad-Aware
Laptop 2 years old
Never happened before...

Cheers
(Sorry I'm in a rush to get to uni:)

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I see. You may have malware problems. Please follow all the directions at the following address:

http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

If you still have the problem when you get to step 5, start a new topic in the Malware Forum to make sure you are clean. If the problem still persists after getting a clean bill of health from an expert, report back here. If after getting cleanned, your problem is solved, let me know. I always like to know the results. :tazz: