Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound card driver....

• Please log in to reply

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi manu08!

Sorry but this post is blank, so could you please retype in your problem so that we can help you.

Fenor

Advertisements

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
My computer when i purchased it (2001) had Windows 98SE installed on it. In 2004 i changed it to Windows XP Home Edition using a full format method. I had stopped using my computer during summer for around 2 -3 months. From what i can recall the sound had been working fine then. Now when i try to listen to any music or watch movies or do anythin related to sound, there is no sound output.
I tried installing the Windows 98SE drivers i had received on the driver cd with the computer but even that did not work. So i tried updating the drivers from Windows Update & neither did that. However when i installed the driver from the cd it is installed as Soundmax Integrated Audio but when i update the drivers in sound & audio devices in control panel it says no audio device & in device manager i get a yellow exclamation mark next to C-Media AC 97 Audio Device. Why is this & how do i fix it?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please download, install, and run Everest Home Edition using the link in my signature. Once it's installed, run a system scan and post (as an attachment) the log file it creates.

Fenor

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Here is what you requested. Please tell me how to proceed.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I think something happened when you tried to attach the file to the post.

I have to leave for work soon, so if I don't reply right away it's because I have an hour drive to work and then I also might not be able to respond for awhile once I'm there. I asked another Tech to step in if he's still around when you reply. So don't worry you will be gotten back to! :tazz:

Fenor

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
No problem if there is a delay in the reply. I have a lot of patience :tazz:
Anyway i have attached the file again & hopefully this time it has been attached properly.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hey manu08!

Sorry for such the long delay, but you can download the driver for your sound card HERE. Once it's downloaded, just run the exe file and it should install the drivers for your sound card. If it doesn't let me know, but also let me know if it does so other people with this same problem will know how to fix it. :tazz:

Fenor

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Hey Fenor, the file you asked me to download did not make any difference. However i've been trying to figure out which driver to download & install from driverguide.com though i do not know whether i should get soundmax drivers or c-media audio device. Could you please help me?
Thanks