Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printing and possibly network problems

• Please log in to reply

slysa

slysa

• Pip
  • 8 posts
my printer and internet are connected through an ethernet network to my computer by a tcp/ip connection my internet is working fine(obviously) but the computer has decided that printing is too much effort even an adobe acrobat option of prionting which just save what u were going to print as an adobe file

Advertisements

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
check to see is the printer hooked up.

sam.granado

sam.granado

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First thing I always to is cycle power. Restart everything, Check all your setting and make sure everything is pluged in.

slysa

slysa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have checked, double checked and triple checked everything but i cant seem to find anything wrong one day the computer just decided not to print nothing had changed from one day to the next

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi
Can you go to Start menu->printers, right click on your printer icon & select properties, then click 'Print test page'

If this doesn't work, let me know if you receive any error message at all & whether there is any activity from the printer itself, such as LEDs blinking, whirring sound etc.

When you said that the printer is connected via ethernet cable, do you mean its connected to a router with a built in printer server, or to another computer?

slysa

slysa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i tried to print a test page and all that happened was it came up with a thing that said "this document failed to print" then when i went into the little icon thing on th right side of the start menu task bar thing the page i tried to print had a message next to it saying "error - printing - printer busy or error". the printer is connected to the thing called an "ethernet switch" and the eternet switch is connected to my mum's "eMac" and my PC

slysa

slysa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i think it may be a problem with the ports of the printers because i changed the port of the adobe printing option to a different area and now it works but i know im not doing it right for the brother hl2700cn because it isnt printing. the ip address for the printer match on both comp's but im still not able to print.