Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Probem?

• Please log in to reply

amnesiakk

amnesiakk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
NOTE: I AM WRITING THIS ON MY BROTHERS LAPTOP

Yesturday I purchased a AGP RADEON X700 256MB GGR Graphics Card.
Upon opening up my computer, I noticed that I had no graphics card already in the slot.
I put my Graphics Card in anyway, and then turned on my computer....
And then appeared the error message that read "ATTENTION: NO VIDEO INPUT"
Now Windows XP will not load up anymore, and I can get is the error message.
Even if I take out the Card, or plug in my computer to it, there is no change.
Please help!

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Don't panic, not yet anyway! You may have to disable your onbaord graphics in the BIOS Setup for the machine to recognize the AGP, or enable the AGP, whichever works. Go go into Setup and go over it with a fine toothed comb to check any settings related to graphics.

amnesiakk

amnesiakk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Don't panic, not yet anyway! You may have to disable your onbaord graphics in the BIOS Setup for the machine to recognize the AGP, or enable the AGP, whichever works. Go go into Setup and go over it with a fine toothed comb to check any settings related to graphics.

Thanks, but I cannot even access Windows at the moment.
Wht shall I do?

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
You don't need to load Windoze to check your BIOS! Look for a 'press whatever to enter setup' - and hit that button. Be careful what you change though! (Usually the setup key is DEL or F*)