Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Hard Drive Problem

• Please log in to reply

d3fthorn

d3fthorn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, i need some help. When i turn on my computer, i get the "NTLDR is Missing" error. This is wierd. When i go into my Bios, it detects my SATA hard drive is there. But when i put in my windows CD and when i press "R" to repair, it says that "Windows does not detect any hard disk" So i am unsure what to do now. I think that the drive has some REALLY bad sectors on it or something, im not sure if i need to get some hard core hard drive recovery tools or what. if anyone can help me, please do!!!! i would very much appreciate it! thank you

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Did you get an installation disk with the SATA drive? You might try reinstalling the software from the disk. Windows is a johnny come lately to the SATA movement and the drivers have to be added on.

d3fthorn

d3fthorn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no, but do you think it would be on the drivers and utilities cd that came with the Dell?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

no, but do you think it would be on the drivers and utilities cd that came with the Dell?

Did you have to do anything special when you installed the SATA drive? I'd say, if you did, do it again. Or did the drive just get picked up before? In fact, it would help if you could give a bit more history of the problem.