Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox/ IE - weird problem

• Please log in to reply

chimpyboy

chimpyboy

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Ok, so does this sound familar to anyone? And can anyone help me?

Problem 1: I have WinXP, and my wife and I both have user accounts on the machine. We both use Firefox, and we each went to the same webpage, and when she clicks on a photo on the page, it opens a popup window and diplays the photo...when I go to the same page logged in as myself, and click the same photo...nothing. No error, no new window...just nothing.

Problem 2: Since I installed Firefox, IE will not work. I've checked the connection settings and tried turning off the firewall, but I just the dumbass white screen.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Does IE not work under both profiles, or just your? Do you have the latest version of JAVA (JRE1.5.0_04) installed?

chimpyboy

chimpyboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
IE does not work under either profile...but the odd thing is that it used to work. Then, once I installed Firefox, it stopped working.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Just curious, when you installed Firefox, did you say "yes" to its generous offer to make it your default browser? I use Firefox and IE. Never have had a problem with either, and I always refuse to let either one be my "default" browser. I figure I am smart enough to figure out which one I want to use and when. I would try removing firefox (use ad/remove programs) and then re-install.