Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uh-oh

• Please log in to reply

tekietek

tekietek

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi guys.

I'm having sort of a problem with my offline files... I can't make any... is there some sort of setting I need to change in order to make it an available option?

I used to have a Dell LatitudeCPX, windows 2000, and then I had a temporary Acer Travel Mate 220 with XP home--and I never had any problems. I just bought an HP of the dv1000 series, and when I right click on the file there is no "make available offline" option... (though I can save webpages offline)

I rely heavily on this function (college student) so if anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it! But, if not, could someone explain the brief case to me? I'm unsure of how to use it--but I hear it is the same thing as offline files...

Thank you sooooo much!

-Mandy

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Is this what you wanted?

tekietek

tekietek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Is this what you wanted?

...not entirely... do I need two briefcases? one for each computer... or is it a shortcut thing?

I would really prefer the offline files... is it a feature not compatible with my HP??

Edited by tekietek, 29 October 2005 - 08:30 AM.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I think offline files may only be a feature of XP Pro. If your HP has XP Home, it may not come with this feature. There are instructions on offline files here.

I'm not too sure about the briefcase thing, I believe you make one briefcase folder on the secondary computer, then copy the files from the primary computer (folders/files must be shared first) into the briefcase folder.