Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with a threat called Webnexus

• Please log in to reply

FFMaster

FFMaster

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey, I'm new here, and recently my computer's been acting haywire. I've scanned my comp with all my antivirus programs multiple times (MS Antispyware, Ad-Aware, Xoftspy), and they catch lots of stuff, but when I delete them the next time I scan they're still there. One of the most annoying ones is Webnexus. I get barraged by popups a little while after I've been on my comp. There is also another threat that keeps appearing called e2give, which I've caught and deleted multiple times yet it still returns. I want my computer back to normal and I've tried everything I know. Do you guys know of anything I can do to stop threats like these from reaccuring?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Some virus / malware files include themselves in the system restore set

Check the PC is running OK, then click start, help and support, undo changes to my computer, turn off system restore, reboot, run the scans, reboot, then re-run the scans, if clear, click start then help and support, undo changes, set a restore point

If you still have malware showing in the scan results

Please go here: Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum