Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recycle bin woahs

• Please log in to reply

Bobert

Bobert

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I open "My Computer" I see my hard drives, CD, DVD drives, printer folder, control panel folder, and scheduled tasks folder (all normal) and the recycle bin (?) how did this get in here? Is there a way to get rid of it? (It's also on the desktop where it belongs) I figure is a registry error someplace but don't know how to track it down. Any ideas?
Thanks

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Well, actually. If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, it is normal. If you open My Computer on the top bar, there should be a button called "Folders" press that. It will hide the folder view, and you should just see Shared Documents, My Documents, Hard drives, and CD and/or DVD drives. Instead of showing everything like you said.

Now, if you're just curious why it's there and you do have the folder view enabled, it's always been there. :tazz:

B