Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my color monitor 32 bit?

• Please log in to reply

kayona

kayona

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi, i'm back. When uploading pictures to ebay this morning the pictures in my paperport are great, saved them to my documents the way i always do and they look great. Uploaded them to ebay and when you get to see how the page will look, I could barely tell what they were. I went to live chat with an ebay person who told me the pictures are fine on their end, not fuzzy at all. He said that maybe my display settings are set too low. he started to walk me through changing them and when we got to the 16 or 32 bit color settings for the monitor,he said that if i changed it from 16 to 32 and it wasnt supposed to be 32 i could damage my monitor so i stopped. I noticed that cross stitch pictures in my gmail are also very fuzzy, have never noticed this in gmail but have occasionally in ebay before. is there a way for me to know if my monitor is 32 bit or 16, there must be somewhere in my computer where it tells me that but i dont know where. and if i find it is 32 bit, could you give me step by step directions on how to change it from 16 to 32? thanks so much, please email me at [email protected] the aol address is no longer used. thanks.

Advertisements

morfius

morfius

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi kayona

In reply to your question

Your monitor should support 32 bit colours. So try applying those settings - It won't damage your monitor it will just revert back to 16 bit if it doesnt support it.

I haven't heard of any monitors not supporting 32 so give it a try and it should work.