Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty 2: video driver and alpha blending

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

trojanman

trojanman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Intel's website says it supports alpha blending. Or are they different types of blending?

http://www.intel.net...aphics 852main

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
please read this link regarding supported video cards?

specifically the video card must be direct x 9 compatable, the card must have at least 64megs of on board ram

On board graphics do not have the power, driver set, or features to play today's current games like call of duty 2

poopy

poopy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i get the same thing with my new optiplex gx620 its the desktop version it just says directx got a unrecoverable error or something when i try to play it. i have on board graphics if that helps can i not play the game with this? do i need another card? i hope i can change my card on this machine any 1 know?

Edited by poopy, 16 November 2005 - 11:06 AM.

poopy

poopy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
sorry and also i spoke to a dell technician and they think i need a dongle cable no im not making that up the word external and crt was also use in this conversation if u can make any sense out of this that would be excellent :) was this dell person just trying to get me to buy more gear do i really need it to run a DVI video card she sujested.i dont know because my pc might be a bit not normal so i dont know :tazz:

Edited by poopy, 16 November 2005 - 11:23 AM.

andresspok

andresspok

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I get the same problem with Alpha Blending.
My computer is a sony vaio laptop FS. Video card is "Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family".
Anybody knows how to fix this?
Thanks a bunch

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
the dell 620 is actually a nice looking pc. I saw the first one today but didn't have a chance to crack it open. If memory serves me right you should be able to add a pci-express video card.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
again the system requirements for cod 2 require a 3d accelerated card with at least 64 megs of on board memory.

so no, that sony viao won't play cod 2.

the only laptops that I know that can play cod 2 are running ati or nvidia mobile graphics.

there are no intel graphics at this time that can support cod 2.

the only onboard graphics that I know for desktops that does support cod 2 is the ati express 200 and the performance with it is not very good. lots of choppy video (lag).

bigpoppa1328

bigpoppa1328

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ive obviously got the same problem, ive read over every1s post at least 3 times and downloaded everything people said to at least 3 times as well...ive got a SiS 760 display, anyway of playing this game without having to buy a new video card?

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
no, you need a better video card. Integrated sucks and is not meant for games like cod2.

bigpoppa1328

bigpoppa1328

• Pip
  • 2 posts
that sucks...thanks tho

Advertisements

jaceee

jaceee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) i shouldn't have bought this game. lol it's like getting an xbox 360: in order to fully appreciate the system/game, you have to buy the "right" tv (hi-def) for it to be infallible and experience it to the fullest.

i've a DELL INSPIRON 6000. can anyone help me figure out this alpha blending thing... :) so would i need to buy a new vid card then? :woot:

thanks to whoever replies. :tazz:

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello jaceee and welcome to Geeks to go!

The specs of your Dell laptop suggest that you either have an Intel graphics card or a ATI graphics card, depending on what model you have.

Easy way to find out is to run DirectX Diagnostics. Click start > click run > type dxdiag > click ok > click display tab. Once on the display tab it will give you the name and manufacturer of your graphics card.

If it's the ATI card try updating your graphics card driver from the Dell website but if it's a Intel card then your not going to be able to run the game.

jay75

jay75

• Pip
  • 7 posts
im having same alfha blending problem as everyone else, i ran a scan of the specs for my comp and was told i have 3 pci slots not agp slot? do they make a video card for a pci slot and if so any that are good enough to play COD 2?? I dont even know what pci slots are or if i can even put a new video card in them? anyone know anything about pci slots and if i can upgrade my card with them?

Thanks for your help i really do apreciate it!!
Jay75

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello Jay75

There are still a few old PCI graphics cards around but it's doubtful that you'd get enough performance to run the game. The best option for you is to get a new motherboard that has a AGP slot.

Estrange

Estrange

• Pip
  • 6 posts
"directx encountered unrecoverable error" this is what I get, would you be able to help guys?
I've got latest nvidia drivers, reinstalled Directx9.0c... didin't work :tazz:

my pc's specs:

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
Memory (RAM): 1024 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon™ XP 2800+
CPU Speed: 2072.9 MHz
Sound card: SB Live! Audio [D000]
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra | PCI GDIHOOK5 | NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD |
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: MSI/Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport |
CD / DVD: F: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252F | G: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E |
Default Printer:
COM Ports: COM1 | COM2 |
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 20.0GB | D: 31.8GB | E: 60.0GB |
Hard Disks - Free: C: 5.6GB | D: 16.0GB | E: 4.2GB |
USB Controllers: Detected: 5 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
Product Make: MS-6590
Serial Number: 00000000
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 09/05/03 | AMIINT - 10 | |
Time Zone:
Battery: No Battery

Edited by Estrange, 25 November 2005 - 01:18 PM.