Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet explorer shortcuts

• Please log in to reply

lucien

lucien

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
well i sorta deleted some things for internet explorer and well i cant use it anymore unless i use msn messenger and check my email and then just type the link or do the same with windows uptade. i cant use firefox for certain things so i want to use internet explorer and i cant download the installer can anyone help ?

Advertisements

RaaF

RaaF

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Goto "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" and R-click on it choose Copy to desktop.
A new shortcut will be made on your desktop.

lucien

lucien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
but the thing is in the "internet explorer" folder there is no application for internet explorer but i can still run it from MSN and windows update :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Internet Explorer

If you have the XP CD click start then control panel then add / remove then add or remove windows components and remove the tick from internet explorer then press next and ok etc, then go back there and replace the tick and press next and ok.

Or you can remove the tick and then click the link to download IE6