Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Office XP Pro w/ FrontPage

• Please log in to reply

jenbungle

jenbungle

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello!

I was having malware issues and posted a thread here. We managed to clear everything up except for Windows Installer automatically popping up EVERY time I open a new browser/program/etc. It's highly annoying.

Apparently I am missing the file PROPLUS.MSI.

I do not have the MS Office disk, as this computer was loaned to me as is, without any software disks.

What can I do?? HELP!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Microsoft Update which usually loads the larger files which do not need the installation CD's

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

You may also get this option if you use Office Update, the installation fails and then you get the choice to look for larger files which should not require the installation discs

These are probably the only ways you will get the update without the Office CD's