Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lexmark x74-75 All In One

• Please log in to reply

samantha30

samantha30

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am running Windows ME, and am using the Lexmark x74/x75 All In One printer. I installed the software that was included with the printer, and also verified that the driver is correctly installed. I am able to scan, fax & copy successfully, but have been unable to print.

I am commnicating using a USB Port.

When I attempt to print a document, the paper feeds correctly, and it appears as though its printing, but only spits out a blank page. I verified that the ink cartridges are full & correctly installed.

Any ideas what may be causing this issue? I have uninstalled & reinstalled the software & drivers so many times....I'm not sure what else to do??

THANKS!

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic Lexmark x74/x75 All In One printer-Samantha30
Date 31st Oct-2005

When you say that – You are able to [Scan] – [Copy] – Do you mean thru a PC Application or by – The Device only – In other words are you able to communicate at all with Device via USB Ports –

Also is printer listed in [Printers] Folder – And what does [Device Manager] say about Device – [Working Properly] or [Not working properly] -

If you are able to communicate – Then problem may be just with Printer’s Page/Paper setup – Verify that [Paper Size] and/or [Margins] are correct – and that Printer is selected – and is [Online] – and that Printer is setup as default printer for whatever Application you are using –

Also are you able to [Print a Test Page] – either by the Printer itself – or thru the Printer Software -

If you cannot communicate via USB Ports then – Use [Device Manager] to view USB Devices –
Expand the [Universal Serial Bus Controllers] and determine if you have a [USB Printer Support] entry – & Do you see any [Unknown Devices] or any Devices with [Yellow Warning Signs] –

What USB Host Controllers does [Device Manager] say you have – And how many USB Ports are on PC –

Do you have other USB Devices – Did you just install Printer – Or has it been functioning OK – and then just recently stopped working –

If it has just recently stopped – then what recent updates/upgrades have you done – Just trying to establish a starting point – To set up a Game Plan –

Jack123