Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card

• Please log in to reply

Albino

Albino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
kk, so if I wanted just a new video card and RAM, I'd got for the GeForce one you linked me, and the 1GB of that RAM you linked me.

But, if I wanted a new MB, then would I have to change other things aswell? I'm not sure what specs are best for CAD of Adobe Premiere pro 1.5.

Say I wanted a new motherboard, what would be the best option.

Roughly I would want to spend no more than £300 altogether on RAM, video card and motherboard, but if needs be, then this can be more.

Thanks

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
if you were willing to buy a new motherboard you should have told us before, because that would have given you a better options for a video card, as well as support for faster memory. if i were you i would stick with your system how it is now for a while, in a year or so, if you are going to use windows vista, then you will need a new system, and you can get all new parts.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I would say stick with what you have now but get a better video card than integrated and upgrade memory.

If you got the 6600 gt and a 512 mb memory stick or 1gb memory stick that would last you awhile atleast a year. That is really all you need right now and will keep the cost down.

Id say 6600 gt and 1 gb ram and you are set for awhile.

You will see a huge dramatic difference in games and everything with just the video card and memory. Integrated sux, never get integrated alone again!! Lmao

Edited by jrm20, 03 November 2005 - 04:55 PM.

Albino

Albino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
lol, thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Parts are on their way now. I didn't realise integrated was so bad, but I will steer clear of it in future.

Thanks again

Albino