Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Temprary Internet Files

• Please log in to reply

jsaw

jsaw

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have noticed when running Trojan Hunter that there are many files in
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\

I try to clean temp files on a regular basis online and click the offline button.

Can these all be deleted by manually going into the C: drive without crashing my computer? :tazz:

Thanks for your help in advance.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install CCleaner (free). Open the cleaner, set the options you want in the Windows tab and run the cleaner. You can also press the issues tab and then press scan for issues, put a tick in all boxes produced and press fix selected issues, take the option of making a back up and press fix all selected issues, click OK and close. Run the scan for issues until it shows no issues found. The Tools section is an uninstaller and in settings you can opt to clean the computer on boot

CCleaner

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Also you can go to "My Computer" and right click on your Hard Disk (usually C:\) and click "Properties", next click the "Disk Cleanup" button on the right hand side about halfway down the properties window. Let it scan, and then scroll through the list and place checks in the boxes of your choice and then run it.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

jsaw

jsaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks for your help -=jonnyrotten=- I did that. Of course I also downloaded the CCleaner before I realized it was a member that gave that to me and not staff. Is this a valid program?

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Yes it is, but be careful, if you don't know exactly what you're removing you may clean up more than you want. It's a little powerful if you don't have the proper knowledge.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

jsaw

jsaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I think I'll stick with your way. I'd end up crashing my computer. :tazz:

Also, thank you so much for sticking with me on my VX2 problem. ;)