Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphic problems

• Please log in to reply

soft_core

soft_core

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey peeps...
im having some problems with my dell optiplex G270. I have this ("bulging capacitor") thermal event problems.. where it just shuts down.. well thats not it.. specially while playing games ..say brian lara cricket .. or project IGI.. or fifa ... i cant play the game for more than 5 min.

i got a pretty good m/c (P4 1.8 GHz, 512 mb RAM, Riva TNT2 32 MB graphics card.. )
still i cant.. is it linked to the bulging capacitor problems like i said..

thanks

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. If you have already diagnosed the problem as a "bulging capacitor" why not just replace the capacitor?

soft_core

soft_core

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yeah.. i will do that
ive contacted dell ..... but aint sure if the graphics problem is linked with my motherboard problem.. any ideas?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I suggest fixing the known problem first. That may take care of it. If not, then look elswhere for the cause.