Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FlashGet (JetCar) Site Explorer

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi people, I've been using FlashGet for quite a while now and currently have FlashGet 1.7.1 on my computer. It is really handy to use the "Site Explorer" function in FlashGet to download stuff from FTP/HTTP sites. Sometimes, as we know, the site is password protected and I do have the login name and password.

But where do you input the login and password to make FlashGet automatically log on to the site and continues browsing and downloading?

Cheers

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You go into Options and open Site Manager to add your login information.

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hey Tyger, you always help me out :tazz: Thank you so much. I've done what you suggested, well, it worked but just on that specific file. Say for example, this site www.repro-media.net I've been a member of is going to close down and I really want to download all their stuff before they do. But the trouble is, to ad a site, login, and password only works for that specific link, then the site won't even let you browse through FlashGet further.

Maybe I was just being ideal... I thought once I add the login and password for the site into FlashGet it should be able to browse to any end of the site. Obviously for password protected sites every single little file and page is encryted so even browsing is impossible?

Any other solution? :|
Cheers

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
One thing is to set FG to download one file, one line at a time, some sites don't like it if you do more and will ban you or FG from the site.