Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java for Visual Studio?

• Please log in to reply

Tyler5690

Tyler5690

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Is there anyway to integrate Java into Visual Studion .NET 2003? Or is there a useful IDE out there for Java? So far, I've been using NetBeans 4.1, and I haven't been impressed. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hi Tyler5690,
Unfortunately you can't integrate Java with Visual Studio.NET; because M$ has its own modification of Java called J#, which is included in VS.NET, but J# apps run on the .NET Framework and not on JVM. Also, M$ license with Sun for Java is also expiring(in another year) so J# will be discontinued and even Microsoft Virtual Machine(M$'s version of JVM) will be discontinued. Also M$ wants .NET to replace Java. So I don't think they want people to write Java in one of their masterpieces.

The Beta version of NetBeans 5.0 has alot of improvements try it out.
Also try out JCreator, download the LE version, which is free.

Edited by darth_ash, 02 November 2005 - 02:26 AM.

BuRnEr

BuRnEr

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
i thik there is a missleading about J#, nothing is discountinued, and j# nothing to do with java and what license.. i knew there is a no license thing thats wyh sun is so mad about this stuation,

under this link
http://msdn.microsof...harpeula1_1.asp
says
NOTE " Applications and services built with Visual J# .NET will run only in the Microsoft .NET Framework. Visual J# .NET has been independently developed by Microsoft. It is not endorsed or approved by Sun Microsystems, Inc "

by the time i went to the microsoft seminar and i got standart edition vs.net , sql server and biztalk server 2006 ... and i installed them except biztalk server because its not release yet, and there is still J# included with visual studio .net, sooo

anyway .....
what is my experience with visual studio .net and sql server 2005 so far they are great, exept some bugs :tazz:
nothing is perfect. asp.net 2.0 is great web development env. too...
sql server 2005 throws enterprice mannager to garbage, so now both mannager are together in same mannager, it makes your work easier, and there are more features in sql 2005 so just try it and see the difference...

thanks
BuRnEr