Really hope you can help me here.
I was using Limewire (Basic version, not Pro version) and think I've picked up some sort of virus or trojan.
Basically, I noticed that the file C:\Documents and Settings was around 7Gig. However, when I went into the folder and looked at each folder, they were only around 600MB each, and would have only come to a max of 1Gig cumulatively.
So, I ran Norton, and saw that it was looking in a folder called C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\Complete and it seemed to be searching through a load of zip files. However, I couldn't actually see this folder in windows explorer. So, I put the folder name into the Run feature of Windows, and it came up. And sure enough - there were all the files - all 12,000 of them!!!!
So, I deleted them, and uninstalled Limewire.
I also downloaded TrojanHunter which said it found one trojan and got rid of it. Thing is - whenever I run that folder again - more zip files seem to be in there.
Norton doesn't seem to be able to detect a problem either.