Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Probably an easy fix...

• Please log in to reply

pajarito79

pajarito79

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I just bought a new video card, and after installing the driver (Yes, I remembered to remove my old card's driver before I replaced the card), what is displayed on my monitor is larger than the monitor itself. About 4x larger. On the desktop, I can hold the mouse pointer against any edge to scroll, so this is obviously something intentional, and not just a bug or something. Running games are also displayed in this zoomed manner, though I cannot explore the screen in the same manner I can the desktop using the mouse pointer.

So, obviously my question is how do I fix this?

Ah yes, if it's relevant, the card I just bought is a Radeon 9250. I have yet to check for a driver version more up to date than the one included in the box, simply because I cannot make heads or tails of their driver page. If need be, could someone direct me on which driver I'll need for the card? Thanks a ton.
=)

Advertisements

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hi pajarito79,
Right click on the desktop, select properties, settings.
Try to set the resolution to 800x600 or 1024x768 if you can. Click apply then ok

pajarito79

pajarito79

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
No effect. =( Well, I'm sure it changed the resolution, but I can't tell the difference considering. =p

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
When you cahnged the resolution, did it want to reboot ??
If not reboot !!

Radeon9250 Driver
Click on "Windows XP Drivers and Software"
Click on "Radeon"
Click on "Catalyst 5.10 Windows XP - Driver Download"
Download the appropriate driver.

Do you have SP2 installed for XP ?? SP2 (download is very large!!)

Edited by Linkmaster, 02 November 2005 - 12:34 PM.