Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to clone (copy) the contents from one HD to another (not backup)

• Please log in to reply

zillah

zillah

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I have got two External HDs (HD_A and HD_B), I want to copy my work from HD_A to HD_B.(i.e if I have got 40 folders and 60 files on HD_A, I should be able to see 40 folders and 60 files on HD_B. I should be able to access (open , delete, modify) folders and files on HD_A as well HD_B).

Backup gives me one folder containing every thing. If I used backup, I will not able to access any file or folder on HD_B (which is I do not want this). I am looking access folders and files on HD_A as well on HD_B.

One week later I added another 10 folders and 13 files to HD_A.

How can I add these new folders and files to HD_B as well? (it is obvious I can added them manually, but it is not always easy to remember which folders or files are news ).

Therefore I am looking for a program to do that (not manually) for me, comparing between two HDs (my case HD_A and HD_B) and add the new folders and files to the one that it does not have (my case HD_B) them (only new folders and files)?

Note: Differential Backup is not the one I am looking for.

Advertisements

Z3n2

Z3n2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
you could try setting up a raid array ... that way you'd have an exact clone of your first drive on your second bit for bit ...