Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dvd+Rw Malfunction

• Please log in to reply

BillyPoil

BillyPoil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
first of all the problem in short is my dvd drive is not working properly, i have proven that it is not a problem with the drive so that leaves me with the fact that this computer messed it up. The symptoms are:
1. Inside Dvd Drive Properties/Auto Play, The Action Preformed By windows is stuck on music files, and when i change it to dvd movie, it goes back to music files like its default or somthing.
2. when i insert a dvd movie or any kinda disk, it will either say, Please Insert a Disk into F:, and sometimes it opens the drive but theres no files in it.
3. When Opening Dvd Drive's Property, It Veifies That It Is A CD Drive, NOT DVD Drive.

The things I Have Tried So Far Has Been, ReInstalling The Driver, Unpluging The Drive And Changing Cords, Switching The Dvd+RW With My Extra Dvd-Rom Drive And The Exact Thing Happens To It. Its just amazingly Retarded, one day 3 months ago, i was burning a movie, and half way through the burning process, it fails on me. At that moment i didnt think it was to seriouse, but that day forward the drive just hasnt loaded one disk. Im am not a computer expert and i dont know as much as most people but if anybody can help me with this problem i would extremly appriate it.

[email protected]

Advertisements