if you know of a strange law please post it. but please try your best to verify it....it's ok to post things you're not sure of..but let's try to stick to legitimate laws. links to other sites are fine if you don't want to post the whole laws, but let's try to keep the duplicates to a minimum and try to post a few of the items from the page...that way we know what kind of humor we're in for.
In California, it is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
It's against the law for a woman to drive in a house coat in California
In California, animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school or place of worship.
There's a San Francisco law that states it's illegal to play poker in public or gamble in a barricaded room.
San Francisco Municipal Police Code prohibits expectorating on a street car.
In Washington state, it's against the law to sleep in an outhouse without the owner's permission.
Putting salt on a railroad track can be punishable by death in the state of Alabama.
In Fairbanks, it is illegal to feed alcoholic beverages to a moose.
While it is legal to shoot bears, waking sleeping bears for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.
* In New Jersey, answering a traffic cop who asks "Do you know why I pulled you over?" by saying, "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you" is an automatic $300 fine.
* In Kentucky, it's illegal to paint your lawn red.
* In Portugal, it's against the law to pee in the ocean.
* In Connecticut, night watchmen are forbidden from drinking decaf coffee while working.
* In Vermont, it's illegal to pick your nose and stick the pickings under a table.
* In Tennessee, it's illegal to tell someone to quit smoking.