Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A64 3200+ running at 805 mhz!?

• Please log in to reply

XoPulseoX

XoPulseoX

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Just recently installed an Athlon 64 3200+ (socket 754) Clawhammer and a DFI LanParty UT 250gb nforce 3. Everything is fine except for XP and CPU-Z says that its only running at 805 mhz. I have the latest bios and nforce3 drivers (got them from DFI's site). I did some searching and saw that Cool N' Quiet can sometimes slow things down, but I have it disabled in my bios. I also changed the power scheme to "Always on". I know the processor can go higher, because CPU-Z says it can get to 2 ghz. Do you have to set the bus speed and multiplier yourself with Lanparty boards?

Advertisements

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Not only do you have to disable cool n' quiet, but you also have to uninstall the software for it, and what I did when I had the problem was also uninstall the processor driver and reinstall it without cool and quiet.

The 3200+ is rated at 2.01 ghz stock speed.

Edited by MikeFromNY, 03 November 2005 - 12:47 PM.

XoPulseoX

XoPulseoX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Not only do you have to disable cool n' quiet, but you also have to uninstall the software for it, and what I did when I had the problem was also uninstall the processor driver and reinstall it without cool and quiet.

The 3200+ is rated at 2.01 ghz stock speed.

Where is the software installed? Its not in add\remove programs. Also where would I get my processor driver? Sorry, but Im new to this. :tazz:

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
If it's not in add/remove I would assume you had never installed it... The processor driver should have came with the CD with your motherboard, I would assume.

Though I don't know if installing the AMD processor driver would even help anything.

I'm a tad confused on this one.

Edited by MikeFromNY, 03 November 2005 - 01:12 PM.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Make sure the 4 pin 12v connector from the psu to the mobo is connected.

Did you clear the cmos and load optimized defaults in bios?

What is your cpu temp? Your bios has a option for thermel throtteling wich will slow the cpu if a overheat condition exists. This is different than cool'n quiet.

In bios under Genie BIOS setting is the FSB bus frequency set at 200 ?
Make sure you have installed the mobo drivers from the cd that came with the board but don't install cool'n quiet

Rick

Edited by Doby, 03 November 2005 - 08:21 PM.