Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting XP pro

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you press enter on the keyboard

Advertisements

Graphotism

Graphotism

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i can press enter to select zero fill drive and move selection up and down i just cant select next cancel or help

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Creating New Partitions on a Drive
This screen will list all drives in your computer. Select the drive to partition and click next to proceed.
If the drive contains data, you will receive a warning that the data will be lost if you continue. Click OK to proceed.
Now you will be asked how you want to partition the drive:
a. Typical will install the drive with 1 partition.
b. Custom will allow you to specify the size and number of partitions.

Please refer to our How To Use DiscWizard 2003 page for details.

Make your selection and click next to continue. DiscWizard will partition and format your drive.
Your drive is now ready for use.
Format Partitions on a Drive
This screen will list all drives in your computer. Select the drive to partition and click next to proceed.
All partitions will be displayed. Select the partitions you want by placing a check in the box next to it. Click next to proceed.
You will be warned that all data will be lost. Click erase, then next to remove data and continue.
DiscWizard will now format your drive. Upon completion your drive will be ready for use.

See if you can run the online version

Do you have Nero

Graphotism

Graphotism

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have no access to the internet through the pc in question but i'll try and i have roxio not nero

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You need the Ultimate Boot CD if you want to:

Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when you need to run diagnostic tools on them.

Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you do have a floppy drive, it is still much much faster to run your diagnostic tools from the CDROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the floppy drive.

Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn't you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!

This will create an ISO image which you can use to create a bootable CD with your favorite CD burning software.

When it loads, press F2 for hard disc tools then use the right arrow to get to page 5 / 5 to use autoclave

http://www.majorgeek...ad.php?det=4019

Use the machine you are on, select the download from nearest to you, use Roxio to burn it as a disc image file, (creator classic).

Graphotism

Graphotism

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
safe, its done i just realised the i couldnt select because the mouse was a usb mouse (disabled in dos) so switched mouse and now drive is zero filled. i'm now going to try installing the windows 98 software now

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Good one

Graphotism

Graphotism

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i'll ask soon if theres still problems but thanks ever so much for the time and help, your my saviour cheers!!!! :tazz: :)

Graphotism

Graphotism

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Problem 1.lol my packard bell windows 98 master cd1 doesnt boot up, cd rom has priority boot aswell.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
No problem

It will want to configure the drive then format if you are using the CD, select load from CD until it starts to format then let it choose when it reboots during the install

Advertisements

Graphotism

Graphotism

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Problem 1.lol my packard bell windows 98 master cd1 doesnt boot up, cd rom has priority boot aswell. asks for diskette but i never got a 98 boot diskette only a 98 recovery diskette

Graphotism

Graphotism

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
my rescue disc was knackered thats why no floppy was loading, i just transfered the content onto a fresh floppy now its working, i've just run the floppy and its done mstools and tools etc now i get the message 'this computer has no valid information' any ideas?

top of screen says ' Exit OEM setup C:\ '

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Your options are:

find the recovery set for the machine

purchase a retail version for a clean install

Graphotism

Graphotism

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
problem solved so far, at command prompt c: typed Fdisk, formatted rebooted with the floppy in the drive the at D: Format C drive done, restarted now at 32, E: setup recognises CD rom now

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for the update

The " EXIT OEM set up C " you posted looked like a no option position

Glad it worked out