Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer game problems (Counterstrike and now Starcraft)

• Please log in to reply

danny3636

danny3636

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm having problems playing computer games on my computer. It is a laptop that was purchased over the summer so it isn't old or anything. When I used to play Counterstrike, within 10 minutes or so it would all of a sudden 'lag' to the point where I couldn't play and couldn't do anything on my computer. There was an error message that said " NET_SendPacket ERROR: NO ERROR" . I always had to restart my computer. In the past few days though, when I try to play CS it does the same thing where it 'lags' and I can't even move my mouse around the screen once I exit it so I have to restart. Since I couldn't play CS I tried Starcraft and the same thing happened wiht the not being able to move mouse and everything. These past few days though, the error message doesn't appear. I have no clue why this is all happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated and I can provide any more info that would help. Thanks in advance for checking this out! -Dan

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
we need more information. what are the specs of your laptop? you can use SysSpec to gather the info. just copy and past it here for us to see.

danny3636

danny3636

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 1024 MB
CPU Info: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.80GHz
CPU Speed: 599.9 MHz
Sound card: SigmaTel Audio
Display Adapters: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 | ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD |
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection - Intel Wireless Connection Agent Miniport | Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller |
CD / DVD: D: SONY DVD+-RW DW-D56A |
Default Printer: Andrew Central B&W
COM Ports: COM3 | COM1 |
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 70.5GB |
Hard Disks - Free: C: 22.7GB |
USB Controllers: Detected: 4 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not detected
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
Product Make: Inspiron 600m
Serial Number: 412ws71
Power Status: High
BIOS Date: 01/18/05
Time Zone: Andrew Central B&W

I actually just found out somethign new last night. I have a docking station to go with the laptop. In the past I've always used that, but seeing as CS worked on my roommates laptop (he has same model without docking station) I figured I would try that. So, using just the laptop with mouse and power cord hooked up, Counter-strike worked flawlessly. I also realized taht when the problems happen with the laptop docked, the lights on my keyboard turn off, which I'm assuming means the comptuer isn't recognizing the keyboard since I can't hit any buttons. So I guess it has something to do with being plugged into the docking station. I'm really confused now.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well I would say that you have some kind of hw issue. wether its the system board or dock im not sure. I lean toward the dock. either its not providing good power to your laptop or it has a lan port going out. or its the docking connector. If you didn't game it problably would last a while before you had any other issues.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If its the dock your roomates laptop will also show the same symptoms if you use the dock with it.