Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WoW, farcry, all my games...annoying pauses

• Please log in to reply

banjo_c

banjo_c

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

I recently purchase a new computer just to play these kinds of games on, but i am constantly encountering annoying pauses in the middle of gameplay every thirty seconds or so. The pauses are only a split second long, but they are very annoying. Sometimes the framerate will dip only a couple frames when this happens, and other times there will be no fps change at all. It feels like my computer is "skipping-a-beat" midgame. I haven't been dealing with gaming computers for very long, so i havent been able to try many cures for this problem.

Thank you so much for your help.

Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer INC. (A8N-SLI DELUXE)
Chipset : nVidia nForce4
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 6000+ @ 2412 MHz
Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM PC3200 @ 200 MHz)
Video Card : Nvidia Geforce 7800 GT 256Mb

Edited by banjo_c, 03 November 2005 - 05:06 PM.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello banjo_c and welcome to Geeks to Go!

First thing to try would be to download and install the latest hardware drivers (uninstalling previous drivers before installing new ones).

Second thing would be to download and install the latest patches for the game.

banjo_c

banjo_c

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for the helpful advice, but...

I have already downloaded the latest driver, and most of my games update automatically. Also, this problem is ocurring in all of my games, so i dont think individual patches would solve the problem.