Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios problem (somewhat)

• Please log in to reply

LemonLime

LemonLime

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well hers my story... I ran SiSoft Sandra doing the tune-up wizard and it keps telling my my bios is three years old. So i went to go flash update my bios, and I got the old ecs website (oh yeah, my board is a N2U400-A 1.0) and then i found the new, in-use ecs website and found where i am supposed to be.

well heres where my trouble starts, i hate re-formating. I have so many movies, videos, pictures etc. that re-downloading and re-saving them takes to much time and everything. and apparently I am missing something when it seems it should be obvious.

BIOS Name BIOS for N2U400-A(PCB:1.0)
Version 1.0e
Release Date 2004/08/31
Update Description 1.Support AMD K7 Sempron model 10 2200+/2800+ CPU.
2.Support AMD K7 Sempron 2200+/2300+ CPU.
3.Fixed Seagate HDD install Windows98 will be show user.exe error.
4.Update code for some version chip cause system hanging on boot.
Special Note *This BIOS is not compatible with N2U400-A PCB:1.0U

Here's my question, How do i know if I have N2U400-A 1.0U ?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
LemonLime...

Please download Everest Home Edition, install it, run it using the "Report" icon, choose "All Pages" and then "HTML". Attach a log to this thread.

wannabe1

LemonLime

LemonLime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
here it is

Attached Files

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
LemonLime...

It would appear that your MoBo is the N2U400-A PCB:1.0. I can find no reference to "PCB:1.0U" in the everest log. Given that the information in the everst log is not as complete for ECS boards (no board ID#) as it is for other brands, I cannot be 100% sure.

Flashing BIOS can often lead to more problems than it cures. If you are not experiencing problems, I would advise against it. Presented with two incompatable BIOS versions and not being 100% confident in which version board I had, I would opt for leaving things as they are. IMHO..... :tazz:

wannabe1