Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Modified XP theme

• Please log in to reply

Jmody

Jmody

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Ok, So i downloaded styleXp and changed the theme of my XP. Now while in firefox, It seems that it takes forever to do stuff. For example, when i type in an Internet address it takes almost 5-10 seconds per letter of the address to appear. also takes around 20 seconds for each page to load. Is this soley due to changing the XP theme. Why did it have an effect on only the internet but not the rest of the computer it self. I can browse through any programs on the computer itself with out the delay. Please help me. :tazz:

Edited by Jmody, 04 November 2005 - 11:52 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the picture in your signature is entirely too large, the forum rules limit the size of your avatar and signature image to 16kb total you should remove it...plus the image could be offensive to someone...this is a multinational forum...

as far as your question.....if you return your computer to default settings (as far as stylexp is concerned) does the problem continue?

Jmody

Jmody

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I have tried to revert back to the original windows xp theme and the problem still exists.

Didnt realize that the size was too big on my picture. Ive had it up there since i joined and have never had any of the moderators that have answered my questions complain about it. As far as the fact that it might offend someone because this is a multinational forum. Last time i checked your signature was an expression of yourself. I defend the freedom of my country and am proud to display it.
:tazz:

Regards

JMody

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you gone through the malware forum yet to make sure that you're clean?

Jmody

Jmody

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I clean my PC roughly once a month because im online so much. I also have a popup that tells me when something is trying to download itself to my comp. and i always look at it with alot of scrutiny before i say download or deny access. also when i attempted to download some of the themes i got a popup saying that a BHO downloaded itself to the comp and my software promptly removed it. I will however post a HJT log into the correct forum for review by a staff member. Thanks for the extremely quick replys though. It is much appreciated.

Regards
JMody