Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

write protection of memory sticks/MP3 players

• Please log in to reply

themick171

themick171

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I recently have been unable to open doc's (MP3s/word docs etc.) on other computers after I have saved them from my laptop. I am as sure as one can be that there is no viruses/spyware interfering with these. There are no compatibility concerns. My sister had the same problem, in that she can easily open her university office docs, written and saved on university computers, however once they have been opened, edited and saved again, on my computer, the memory stick can no longer work on the uni computers, but will work fine on my laptop.

In summation my question is this: Is there any way that my computer coule be write-protecting/locking files after they have been used. I realise this is an unusual question. Any tips on the right-direction would be greatly appreciated. :tazz:

Advertisements