Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook

• Please log in to reply

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
hey guys, i got a virus on my comp yesterday, a big one i tihnk it was deliberately emailed to my dads account by one of his old partners, the guys been trying to screw us over recently

anyway ive fixed almost everythign up but i cant use outlook anymore, it comes up with an error message (see screen shot http://www.biobakery.com/damn_it.jpg), a friend of mine recommended a program called thunderbirsd, but the import function doesnt work so i cant get my old messages from outlook, im afraid reinstalling outlook will delete the old messages (whihc i need) so is there anyway to back up the messages without accessing outlook?

cheers,
ben

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Word, click help then detect and repair which will repair all Office programmes on the PC

See if you can open Outlook in safe mode